Summer is here and our beautiful sandy beaches are attracting bathers, sun and sand worshipers and walkers alike. However, there are lots of other great things to do this summer. Here are my personal favourites.
1. Visit some of the most beautiful private gardens anywhere at East Ruston Old Vicarage.
2. Take the kids for a great day out at Bewilderwood. Throw yourself into zip-wires, boat trips, marsh walks and general outdoor adventure.
3. Enjoy a day out visiting the beautiful National Trust house and gardens at Blickling Estate.
4. Visit the intimate Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens to see the leopards, red panda, monkeys, tigers and many other animals.
5. Explore Great Yarmouth’s rich Maritime past at the Time and Tide Museum.
6. Have all the fun at The Circus visiting the oldest surviving total Circus building at The Hippodrome in Great Britain. Every conceivable act from the scary to the hilarious. Young and old alike will love the show.
7. Family fun at the award winning Merrivale Model Village. Explore the model village, the garden railway, crazy golf and tea rooms.
8. Explore the Norfolk Broads. How about hiring your own day boat or sit back on the Southern Comfort Paddle Boat and enjoy this beautiful National Park at its very best. After travelling on the Southern Comfort why not enjoy lunch and a drink at The Swan Inn in Horning.
All these great things to do for all the family are just a few miles from our Award winning Holiday Courthouse cottages in the quiet Norfolk village of Rollesby.